Chat BBCode

sploinker
Flag: United States of America

Chat BBCode

Post by sploinker »

Stalking you now. Figured its easier to ask things here rather than making you go over to the dev forum LOL.

There a way to shut it off BBCode just for the chat window or does it use the forum global setting?

I also noticed today while testing in my site that if I click a breadcrumb one back it would take me to the page but the only thing that showed is the chat center submit box. I changed my style to prosilver to test it and everything worked normal. Changed back to the prosilver special edition and it started working normally again. I actually had a friend find the problem and I was able to reproduce it. So not sure what caused it. Just wanted to let you know.

sploinker

Re: Chat BBCode

Post by sploinker »

Disregard, I found the answer in group permissions :)

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Post by spaceace »

sploinker wrote:Disregard, I found the answer in group permissions :)
it's in group or users permissions. mainly so things can be removed on a per user basis so it can be taken away from people
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

sploinker

Post by sploinker »

Very nice idea. I messed around with it a lot today and like how you can even deny it on a group level. Well thought out as a whole. Would love to see it be able to be at bottom on all pages. All in all my crew so far is digging it.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

sploinker wrote:Would love to see it be able to be at bottom on all pages
i will add the template events tomorrow here on my site for you to see if that will be what you are looking for. kind of limited on the events to choose from :(
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

sploinker

Post by sploinker »

Hows the new version coming? Any luck testing the chat at bottom of all pages?

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

sploinker wrote:Hows the new version coming? Any luck testing the chat at bottom of all pages?
it's coming along not too bad :D
  • the quote function is completely fixed and fully HTML5 compliant while using the font colour hold function
  • the edit function is almost complete. just need to get the messages to refresh
  • major controller and listener changes for phpBB validation requirements, all not needed as the coding for what they want changed is sound, just what they want it to look like is all
  • reverse chat message order is completely finished. when you want the new chat messages to appear on the bottom, the input moves to the bottom and chat scroll will pause when you are scrolling through previous messages
  • several responsive tweaks have been made
  • a couple of layout options will be available from the ACP. they will include a short message height sometimes referred to as a single line chat, a higher message height as in the original, and a stripped down layout that looks the same as the original. the original modification can be found on STG and was made by Handyman` Star Trek Guide - TV series, movies, people and worlds of Star Trek
  • several template and css changes as well
needless to say, lots of new and revised stuff will be in the next and hopefully final release that will get submitted for validation :D

and yes, chat at the bottom of the pages for forums and topics ;)
Last edited by spaceace on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sploinker

Post by sploinker »

Very awesome. Looking forward to it!