Extension Name: Ajax Chat
Extension Version: [RC] Latest BETA version is in GitHub releases
Description: an ajax based chat for the forum index
Original Author: Handyman` AJAX Chat © 2007 StarTrekGuide has personally given me permission to take it over
- phpBB 3.1.x
- php >= 5.4 <---
username - test
password - chattester
Tested on free hosts:
Altervista - http://lmoajaxchat.altervista.org/forum/index.php
Ajax Chat for phpBB 3.1.x
Releases · LMOspaceace/ajaxchat · GitHub
- bbcode support
- smilies support
- chat popup - popup window with only the chat
- users can select their own chat font colour
- @ function - to direct a chat to a specific user
- ACP Module - screenshot below
- UCP options - screenshot below
- quote function for quoting chat messages
- edit function
- Download the latest release from (Releases · LMOspaceace/ajaxchat · GitHub).
- Unzip the downloaded release, and change the name of the folder to `ajaxchat`.
- In the `ext` directory of your phpBB board, create a new directory named `spaceace` (if it does not already exist).
- Copy the `ajaxchat` folder to `/ext/spaceace/` (if done correctly, you'll have the main extension class at (your forum root)/ext/spaceace/ajaxchat/composer.json).
- Navigate in the ACP to `Customise -> Manage extensions`.
- Look for `Ajax Chat` under the Disabled Extensions list, and click its `Enable` link.
- disable the extension
- delete extension data
- delete extension files from server
- download latest extension files from GitHub(if you haven't already)
- upload new files to the server
- enable extension
- in some cases, the board cache needs to be cleared
unless stated otherwise, this is how you update from one version to the next...
this extension is in BETA and i myself do not believe in having update files in the migration for that simple reason. once this gets to an RC status, then update files will start to get put in.
this is a direct port of the phpBB 3.0.x modification that i have on my site.
this will only be supported on styles that are currently released in the phpBB styles database phpBB • [3.1.x] Styles Database Releases. depending on the style that you use, you might need to tweak the files so it looks correct for your style and this i will gladly help with. please note that even though subsilver2 is not an official style in the database, i will support it in it's basic form
supported styles are now listed on the release page
Permissions: a permission system has been added
please note that if you are not using the phpbb default groups that consist of Administrators, Global Moderators, and Registered Users, you will have to manually set the group permissions to use chat.
to view the screenshots in full size, right-click the image and open the image in a new tab/window
bbcodes and smilies open in chat
font colour hold open in chat
main ACP chat settings
ACP user's preferences chat settings... bottom 7 settings
user permissions settings... top 4 settings. same for group permissions
this will be my first extension so bear with me as i'm still learning