pics of another acid stained floor i did...

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

pics of another acid stained floor i did...

Post by spaceace »

here's what i think is the best looking floor that i've done yet :D

bedroom
misc 027.jpg
hall
misc 018.jpg
main room
dashwood job 2.JPG
dashwood acid stain.JPG
bathroom
bathroom.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spaceace on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Re: pics of another acid stained flood i did...

Post by Gnome! »

Incredible. I like the patterns and the shine. :D
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

Clarence
Flag: United States of America

Post by Clarence »

Great work. Man I would never have the patience to place a designed floor like these.... no matter what I would be paid. How do you learn to do this? Did you have to go to school to learn how to do this?
One sure way to make your dreams come true . . . . WAKE UP !

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Post by spaceace »

Clarence wrote:Great work. Man I would never have the patience to place a designed floor like these.... no matter what I would be paid. How do you learn to do this? Did you have to go to school to learn how to do this?

i learned by doing it with another person. this floor took 4.5 hours to cut. what i mean by cut is to only cut 1/8in into the floor. then we did a base colour of 2 coats of mahogany followed by 4 coats of ebony for all the borders. the shine is from the wax we use. prep, cleaning, and staining took 1 day. 1 day meaning about 18hrs. most of it waiting for the floor to dry between coats of stain. then having to neutralize the acid and mopping till the mop water stays clean. this floor got mopped probably about 40 times. wax only took about 30 minutes to apply the next day. we used a hydrochloric based acid stain that literally burns the colour into the floor. not something you want to play with :lol:

and a job like this pays very well :D
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT