A surefire way to stop pesky spammers.

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

A surefire way to stop pesky spammers.

Post by Gnome! »

Try this...

Go to ACP>Spambot Countermeasure>Available Plugins. Select Q&A then select Configure. You will be taken to a page that has the space to ADD your Question/Questions

Make the Question relevant to something only you know the correct answer to.

Now for the Answers .. yes that's right, ANSWERS ... I have set MULTIPLE answers yet they are ALL correct to the specific question. By this I mean to do your Question and Answers like below:

Code: Select all
 QUESTION: What year was Abraham Lincoln born?

ANSWERS:

1809-02-12
    February 12, 1809
    12/02/1809
    1809 2 12
    Thwelth February Nineteen hundred and nine 
    February twelve nineteen hundred & 9
I have used the above questions on 3 separate websites, ALL "were" very heavily trafficked by spammers and thus far have not had a single spammer get through since implementing this method. Also remember that you can change the question/s and answer/s at anytime you like.

~Note~ That ALL the answers are correct and that the person or bot trying to register has to get at least ONE correct to get past the Q&A and into your site... So what you say!.. Well then this is where YOU get creative for your own specific question/s.
Last edited by Gnome! on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

Benny Blades
Donor
Flag: United States of America

Re: A surefire way to stop pesky spammers.

Post by Benny Blades »

This works peeps. I have about 12 questions I setup that are unique to my site. I set this up per Ghost's instructions back in January, to date only one spammer made it through. I deleted his ass once he registered. I was getting at least 5-10 on a weekly basis but not anymore.

#GhostRocks
Last edited by Benny Blades on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.