Upgrade

Rigpa
Donor

Upgrade

Post by Rigpa »

I tried to upgrade template on http://www.Forum.TheMasculineMan.com but it still says 2009. Am I doing something wrong ?
Last edited by Rigpa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Upgrade

Post by spaceace »

i'm assuming that this is for the Prospace style on your site. when you updated the style on your site, what steps did you take to update the style? the latest version is 3.0.7.2
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Rigpa
Donor

Post by Rigpa »

Oh Yes Prospace it is :-)

I just downloaded it (3072), deleted the old one on the server, unpacked the new one and uploaded it. After that I reinserted the logo and changed the Imageset to Black pearl (I changed it back to see if that made a difference).

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

i looked at the html files you have on the server for my style and it looks like you need to refresh the style in the ACP.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Rigpa
Donor

Post by Rigpa »

Thanks this made a noticable difference.

How ever something is spooky in the header as the menu seems to be displayed IN the header together with the logo.

Rigpa
Donor

Post by Rigpa »

Here is a picture of how it looks. Also notice "The Rules, Topics, Posts and Last Post" sometimes they are jumping above the red line :-)

http://www.forum.themasculineman.com/st ... ospace.jpg

I think I have to go back to the previous version until I find a solution.

D.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

the menu being in the header is a css issue. the theme needs to be refreshed. if you did refresh the theme and have uploaded the updated theme files, i would need to look at it while it's having that problem.

the part about
"The Rules, Topics, Posts and Last Post" sometimes they are jumping above the red line
that only happens in IE and is caused by the live clock loading and IE can't cope with the active change.

if you still have issues with updating the style... and would be willing to give me ftp and admin access to your site, i will update the existing version free of charge keeping all your changes in place.

Rigpa
Donor

Post by Rigpa »

Strange. I just installed PHP3BB forum and Prospace on http://www.forum.mrcaks.com and No problems. It looks perfect....!

I simply downloaded the style from http://www.forum.TheMasculineMan.com and uploaded it on http://www.Forum.Mrcaks.com and restored the original logo.

Maybe the template is ok and the error is caused by something else??
Last edited by Rigpa on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

did you refresh the theme, template, and imageset in the ACP for Prospace? then your browser cache? this is the only thing i can think of.

Rigpa
Donor

Post by Rigpa »

Yes I did. When I deleted the cache directory via ftp i got the right picture but only once. Then it went back to something that looked like a css error, BUT...

Then I thougth To H.... wit it all so I uninstalled the template and reinstalled it from scratch and now (less than 2 minutes ago) I got it right so now it looks just perfect.

Thanks a lot for the support :D I dont think there is something wrong with your css. It must have been an installation error. Or maybe an ftp transmission error.

By the way... all those fancy modules you have on your forum front... I WANT SOME OF THEM :D