my new toy...

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

my new toy...

Post by spaceace »

needed something to entertain myself as i'm getting older and thought that a nice little nitro RC would do it... and it did :twisted: :twisted:

got it about a month ago and have already had to replace broken parts :lol:

Traxxas Jato 3.3

here it is with the factory wheels
DSCF3017.JPG
here it is with a set of aftermarket Proline Trenchers... also need to get a set of them for the front to add weight so the front tires stay on the ground more :roll:
DSCF3016.JPG
the most fun i have had in years :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Re: my new toy...

Post by Gnome! »

To add extra weight to the front use big lead sinkers ;) Love my Revo 3.3 :D
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Gnome! wrote:To add extra weight to the front use big lead sinkers ;) Love my Revo 3.3 :D
i almost got the Revo but i realized that i needed the speed that i could get from the Jato :D
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

first damage...

shredded a rear tire :roll:

popped this puppy at a top speed of 74mph
20150713_065843.jpg
left front a-arm and camber link broken and waiting on parts :(
20150713_065806.jpg
also broke the same a-arm when it hit some concrete and shot up in the air about 8 feet around 2 weeks after the first breakage :lmao:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

I can see you are having a great time with the demolition erm I mean fun running of it :D
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

My Revo 3.3 next to my sons DBX :D

Gnome!

KittyCathy
Flag: Poland

Post by KittyCathy »

Wow! I'm a girl, but I'm jealous! You have great toys! :D

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

after several hours of work completely taking my Jato apart and then putting it back together... my full set of stainless steel screws are done :D
DSCF3075.JPG
if you value your RC and want to keep it in better condition, i would recommend the stainless screws upgrade. as i'm sure you can see from the picture, there are a pile of extra screws in the kit i got :D

for anyone that don't know about the kits, here's a link for mine http://www.rcplanet.com/Stainless_Steel ... tra018.htm

as well as i would recommend the site i got them from which is http://www.rcplanet.com/

one thing i did notice when having it apart was that my axles were starting to twist... means i will probably have to get some new ones soon :roll:
Last edited by spaceace on Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Good looking job done there :D
Gnome!

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

here's a video of my Jato running. not the best video as i was trying to record it as i was running the car :roll: