muzzleloading for Gnome!...

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: muzzleloading for Gnome!...

Post by spaceace »

Gnome! wrote:If I have more questions I will throw them at you ;) :D :D
no problem :D

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Post by Gnome! »

My current gear that I have :)
20160323_131907.jpg
20160323_131757.jpg
20160323_131700.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

I will be paying for my projectiles on Thursday and will be receiving 320 of them for $210 and have another 120 for $120 coming in a month. That should keep me going for a couple days !! :shock: :lmao:

Will post a pic up of them when they arrive so you can see what I will be testing and figuring which ones I like best regardless of value ;)
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

looks like you got most of it covered :D

looking forward to seeing more pics ;)
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

a little info for you regarding using round balls in your PB rifle...
Traditionals with 1:60 - 1:66 twist are specifically for patched roundballs, while 1:48 in modern rifles is a transitional twist intended to work (marginally well) with either cast bullets or parched roundballs. The faster twists are specifically for conical bullets in sabots and won't let you hit the side of a barn from the inside with a patched roundball.
so, that being said... if you have a 1:48 twist gun, round balls would only be for play and using up powder and makes complete sense ;)

i also edited my first post to correct the bullet weights :D
Last edited by spaceace on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Yep mine is confirmed as a 1:34 twist.

These arrived in the mail today :D
20160401_110445.jpg
In total I have 40 of each of the saboted projectiles and 200 of the round balls :) I will have to see if I can get my hands on the round ball sabots then I wont have to worry about patches!!

I now have all the means to have me some fun and will be doing exactly that in one weeks time at a good friends place :D I will endeavor to get a video up as well as a small report on what I have used and determined to be the best of out of this collection :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gnome!

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

nice. looking forward to hearing about you shooting it finally :D

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

spaceace wrote:nice. looking forward to hearing about you shooting it finally :D

OH ME TOO :D ... Hey you wanna jump in that big flying boat, bring yours with ya and we can send smoke signals across the valleys together ;) Heck we can possibly see who's will get there first !!
Gnome!

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Question:

How often do you check your BP after giving it a clean from being used to make sure there is no residual rusting occurring?
Gnome!

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Gnome! wrote:Question:

How often do you check your BP after giving it a clean from being used to make sure there is no residual rusting occurring?
i don't think i ever have. i just make sure that i clean it properly :|