new project...

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Re: new project...

Post by Gnome! »

Excellent progress there Space and I must admit I like the plate :D

Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Post by spaceace »

more progress has been made :D

the motor is almost complete and it has been joined to the transmission and put on the chassis. the headers and rear driveshaft have also been installed. currently working on the cab :D
DSCF3523.JPG
DSCF3524.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

some more progress has been made...

rad cradle is in place with the rad and all lines and hoses. this weekend, i will be grabbing the welder from work and getting my cab mounts fixed finally and getting the 2 crossmembers put back in so i can mount my fuel tank(which is still under the front bumber :roll:) and get things ready to fire up the engine :D
DSCF3530.JPG
DSCF3531.JPG
DSCF3532.JPG
DSCF3533.JPG
for anyone that has ever made or replaced any kind of metal brake line or fuel line, there is a new(new in the last couple years) type of line that is made out of 90% copper and 10% nickle. super easy to work with and bend and should never rust or rot. here, 50' of 3/16" brake line is $82 my cost and the 25' of 5/16" i got for the transmission lines was $54. expensive but well worth it to me :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

more progress... got the cab mounted yesterday :D :D
20160723_174602.jpg

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Doing so well there and looks even better with the cab on :D
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

it's looking a little more like a truck now :D
20160730_192740.jpg
20160731_140455.jpg
20160731_140508.jpg
20160731_144939.jpg
20160731_153611.jpg

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

i have all the lights on the back now :D
20160801_185957.jpg
my backup lights are wicked and blinding to say the least. they are flood/spot lights with 450' of light penetration :shock: :lol:

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

That looks solid enough! ...

Question?? What's it cost for you to have custom plates and is it possible to get them to keep for ever IE no yearly payments on them.
Gnome!

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

around $260 and you keep it forever. only have to buy the sticker every year which is the same as any other plate ;)

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

That's great compared to this stupid country..... for custom plates like that here its a $450 - $600 a year to keep the plates and use them as well as paying an average $600 - 2k per year for the sticker depending on what size vehicle one is driving. .... I think I will have to save up and gets me a set of Gnome plates ;) :D
Gnome!