Subdomains and website setting up

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Subdomains and website setting up

Post by Gnome! »

Am curious as to what the order is for setting up a website in a sub-domain address. Is it the same as setting up ones website Any good tutorials out there that can be followed ? Also any great tutorials for setting up a test site??
Last edited by Gnome! on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Subdomains and website setting up

Post by spaceace »

setting up a sub-domain is simple depending on your host. some hosts have an area you can create them and you then create it and wait for that domain to populate which is usually only two minutes or less. some are longer.

then just upload your files to the folder created by your host and point your browser to the new site. if your main site is http://www.livemembersonly.com and you created a sub called ghost, your new site would be under http://www.ghost.livemembersonly.com

hope this helps :D
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Oh this helps greatly but when I uploaded the necessary files (Prosilver as the base then Bluespace as the primary style) they never opened nor was I asked to point the browser to the site. I could get to the link fine but was not able to access the actual site..
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Post by spaceace »

if you are wanting a phpBB site on the sub-domain, you will have to install it on the new domain.

anyway, pm me exactly what you are trying to do and i will be able to understand better and will get you going in the right direction ;)
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

yes and no worries :D
Gnome!