spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: new project...

Post by spaceace »

current condition of my truck as i'm getting the frame ready for paint

just about have it stripped down to just the frame :D
20150614_153551.jpg
after i get it stripped, i will be repairing everything on it that needs to be fixed and then degreasing followed by paint.

more pics to come :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

update...

this week, i will be ordering a pile of parts so i can finally start doing some "real" work on my truck. just today, i got a parts truck that i will be getting to my house this coming weekend, mainly for the cab as the one in my first post needs a lot of work and it also needs pieces that i can not find to fix some of the problems with it... i thought i could get the stuff when i first picked up the cab :roll:

anyway, pics with progress will be added as progress is made ;)
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Post by Gnome! »

Awesome :D

So where are you up to today? :P
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

Gnome! wrote:Awesome :D

So where are you up to today? :P
the last pic is where i'm at... except that i have the rear end off of the frame. yesterday, i ordered a completely new set of rear leaf springs. load rating of the new springs is 3000lbs :D

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Very nice on the load rating :) That means you will be able to carry the moose from Clith77's place :D
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

so far, here's what i have...
  • new rear leaf springs
  • new Flowtech full length headers
  • new shock/spring mounts for the front
  • new rear upper shock mounts
  • new front springs
  • new front and rear position leaf spring shackle kits
  • new fuel sending unit
  • gasket set for the engine
i will be picking up a parts truck on Friday to get the cab and frame parts i need to fix mine. if the frame from the parts truck is in better shape, i will just use it and take anything off of mine that i need. if i didn't need parts for the frame, it would already be a rolling chassis by now :roll:

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Good to see you have made further progress :) ... I have been doing similar with my daughters car, Toyota Rav4, we're at the final stage now after spending 4.5K on it, it will be registered next Tuesday and has already been valued at 13K for insurance :D
Gnome!

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

some progress has been made...

i now have a rolling chassis :D

put the suspension on the frame so i can at least move it around
DSCF3482.JPG
DSCF3483.JPG
DSCF3484.JPG
in the next 2 weeks i plan to have the motor built and mated to the transmission and on the frame so i can get my exhaust and all the lines done
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gnome!
Site Admin

Post by Gnome! »

Nice...Very Nice :D
Gnome!

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

some more progress...

most of the frame is done. 2 cross members to put back in and also have to fix 4 of the cab mounts and that part will finally be done :D

oh, i have my front plate on it now as well ;)
20160531_194302.jpg
i also got the donor truck completely stripped of what i needed off of it. it was a complete 1984 f150 with an inline 6 with auto transmission and 2wd
20160521_181025.jpg
20160522_130610.jpg
20160522_130627.jpg
20160522_132717.jpg
20160523_163836.jpg