What a week....:( :O

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

What a week....:( :O

Post by Gnome! »

Feeling glad that there was no serious injuries for myself or my daughter, we're pretty shaken up with a couple bruises. Still unsure as to exactly what happened or why the car lost power. Aleesha was the most shaken as she was driving. One thing for sure is it's not nice facing the wrong direction after the car went into a complete 4 wheel lock up and 180 spin across two lanes before impact on the armco railing only to see the very truck that we had passed not two minutes before hand coming towards us. Also thankful to the emergency services who arrived in quick time. In the end Aleesha was taken for a ride in the ambulance to Hornsby hospital for the routine blood and urine test and observation for 2-3 hours before being discharged and allowed to go home.
20160726_131005.jpg
20160726_130456.jpg
it is worrying considering we was traveling at approximately 95 kph when with out no warning what so ever just a loss of power then power then a huge bang/thud then no power, all 4 wheels and steering locked up causing us to go into the slide and spin 180 into the armco.

While the Ambo's were treating Aleesha, the traffic control officer and I had a look underneath to see if anything serious with the drive train was obvious and we noted that the back sway bar was sitting further forward of the axles and the sway bar linkages were no longer at 90 to the body but parallel to the body and road yet the drive shafts looked to be ok.

We're all glad that she has full comprehensive insurance :D

To top it all off my Land Cruiser has had an issue with starting... Turn key let fuel pump prime the turn to start ....Gets a solid click at the starter :roll: repeat several times and same result.... SO we have replaced starter with new one and now getting same results with that :shock: ... cleaned all terminals on battery and cables, still gets CLICK when trying to start.. give up for night/day goes out repeat starting procedure and STARTS..:D ....Goes for drive to shops to get shopping for the coming week, comes back to Cruiser goes to start and CLICK :shock: :( :-x Calls roadside assistance, tow truck driver/technician comes out checks everything I have done HMMMM puts tester on battery it shows its happy, hmmm, gets me to turn key...CLICK...OK lets give the starter a tap with a hammer when key is turned.... CLICK...heavy taps with hammer...NOTHING... OK Puts a jump starter pack to battery and repeat trying to start...Same result...CLICK... :-x ... fuses and relays maybe?? checks fuses and relays, nope there all good. Lets remove ignition fuse and see if power gets there...turns key CLICK.. we looks at one another :shock: :shock: ... removes ignition ECU fuse as well and repeat... CLICK :shock: :shock: :shock: He calls his boss and tells him what we have done, boss says get it on the truck and tow it home. So we wait while he goes and gets truck and navigates his way to where we are in the car park and by this time I have replaced the fuses closed the bonnet down and as he starts to reverse back to line up for towing I reach in turn the key and the bloody thing starts! Gets it home turns it off unloads shopping then goes back and wont start... Removed battery and the ends have swollen out, that is a clear sign a cell has ca-pooped itself.

Have spoken to an auto electrician over the phone told him everything ( great listener) his reply .... Battery has seen its life, Should never beable to start with those fuses removed then asked me to go remove fuses and ignition relay and low and behold it starts... :shock: The Ignition has been bypassed so after replacing battery with New one will be getting a visit from Auto electrician to fix the wiring...

Previous owner has done a great job at being dodgy :twisted:

News just came in from Insurer for Aleesha's Rav.... More than 30K damage has been done :shock: , that's more than times its insured value and more than doubled the current market value.... It's a write off.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Re: What a week....:( :O

Post by Gnome! »

More than 4 times it's insured value.*
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: What a week....:( :O

Post by spaceace »

wow :shock:

glad you are both ok
Last edited by spaceace on Mon Aug 01, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT