anti adblockers...

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

anti adblockers...

Post by spaceace »

if you visit a site that hides it's content while giving you a message to disable your adblocker to see the content... there's hope if you do not want to disable it. personally, i hate ads on the internet. if you need to have ads on your site so you can afford your hosting... then either you are paying too much for hosting, or you shouldn't have a site in the first place. this is of course my personal opinion and it's also my right to not see ads. that being said, you can still keep your adblocker on while seeing the full content of the site. how? here's how i did it...

https://help.getadblock.com/support/sol ... ow-content

right from the adblock site ;)

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: anti adblockers...

Post by spaceace »

a perfect example is http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com...

adblock paused and he has an ad at the top, middle, and bottom of the posts in the topic as well as 1 that stays in view along the left side... side ad looks funny in the full page screen capture :lol:
screencapture-phpbb3bbcodes-adblock-off.png
now, with adblocker running. it removed the ads and also removes the warning to disable the adblocker and shows everything as if no ads or warnings were there :D
screencapture-phpbb3bbcodes-adblock-on.png
notice the beginning of the first post...
This is a little tutorial on how to hide content from users using an ad-blocker to block your ads.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT