Chat problem

marmor
Flag: Sweden

Chat problem

Post by marmor »

I think this problem is host created and cant be solved but i give it a try
I got a private web and file server at home,running Ubuntu server that mostly is used for template designs and testing purposes , using latest phpbb 3.1.6
and this chat, it works perfect ,

however installing the chat on my live site on x10 . creates a problem, on index page chat shows as wanted but noting u type show up its not the font color, what u type simple ends up nowhere and chat center link at top basically make a weird index of page, no chat at all. but seeing i got exact copy of webpage on my private server it most be host created, i think any suggestions?

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

Re: Chat problem

Post by spaceace »

not sure what to say as some hosts will not allow any type of chat to run on their system as it can put a fair amount of load on the CPU. so some will block the functions of chat. without knowing the host you have or seeing exactly what's going wrong makes it hard to say
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

i just set up a free x10 site to test my chat on and it works perfectly running phpBB 3.1.6 with my Ajax Chat 3.0.10

you can see it here http://ajaxchat.x10host.com/index.php
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

marmor

Post by marmor »

now that is weird i get similar problems no matter if i use your chat or try mchat

Saracen Knights AKA Sovereignty - Index page

login using
testuser
chatpls
Last edited by marmor on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

to be honest, i don't know what is stopping chat from working unless it has something to do with the front end you have phpBB installed under that is preventing the routing. did you try any other extensions that use routing? like the rules extension or pages?

marmor

Post by marmor »

only ting i tried is this chat and mchat, and every setting i can think of xd ,but the replica site on my own server server everything works on, to make it even weirder i checkt the database, phpbb_ajax_chat is empty, so can it be a database communication error of some sort, i kinda given up finding out what causing this myself, im totally out of ideas
Last edited by marmor on Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marmor

Post by marmor »

got it to work the hard way, i reinstalled the forum , new database everything, now i just need to manually import all posts and users , , and hope it still works so i can close down old forum, God knows what is causing this

marmor

Post by marmor »

Did not need to be so drastic, i compered old with new forum settings and found the problem, for anyone having this problem turn of URL Rewriting: under server settings, works like a charm after that :)
ty spaceace for this mod and for trying to help
Last edited by marmor on Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

that is very odd as i have the url rewrite turned on in the site i tested it on

Draecal
Newly Registered User
Flag: Ireland

Post by Draecal »

Well, same error to my site, I write something and goes nowhere, blank chat. Also browser console, does not shows any error.

PHPbb Version: 3.1.8
AJAX Chat Version: 3.0.0
Server Type: Nginx
Url rewriting: Tested both, enabled and disabled.

* All permissions guaranteed.