ajax chat for Prospace style

spaceace
Site Owner
Flag: Canada

ajax chat for Prospace style

Post by spaceace »

here's the modified ajax chat by Handyman that is installed on this site with bbcodes and sound. this will not work with automod due to comment finds in the install file(automod just don't know what to do with them :roll: )

the main install file has been modified for installing chat on Prospace style which can be downloaded here.

the chat_body.html template will also work with prosilver.

any questions/problems with this version can be asked on this site. all other versions, you will need to go to www.phpbb.com or www.startrekguide.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by spaceace on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Need hosting? Click this text to check out ICDSOFT

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Re: ajax chat for Prospace style

Post by Gnome! »

Spaceace,

Will this Chat conflict with Mchat?

Can this be made not visible on the home and portal page?

Regards,
Last edited by Gnome! on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

i don't know if it will conflict with Mchat or not. i don't use Mchat simply because i never liked it.

i added it to the portal, so it doesn't actually show unless you put it there ;)

you can actually add it to any page you like by doing the file edit on that page instead of the index page.
if you like my work and would like to contribute to my development of styles, please donate by using the donate button in the header.

Gnome!
Site Admin
Flag: Australia

Post by Gnome! »

OK Cheers :)

My members have adjusted to Mchat so I may stay with it or I may use the Ajax., decisions decisions !

Regards,
Last edited by Gnome! on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gnome!

Knows, I have just enough. Enough to make me content, enough to make me want a little more, but if I don't get it, I'll be OK.

Jackson
Donor

Post by Jackson »

Hey Spaceace..

Want to consult with you regarding a special install on Ajax Chat. Give you a chance to earn more donation $$ from me. LOL

When you get a chance, I'd like to hook up via IM and explain what I am needing to be done. The twist to what I am needing is that I do not want to install it to my forum, per say, I am putting into into a popout window. Installed on a separate database from my forum. This much I have working fine.

Now the task is to integrate into my phpbb install just enough to grab the User information and send it to AJax Chat. Sound like any fun?
Last edited by Jackson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

spaceace
Site Owner

Post by spaceace »

to install the chat to call a separate database would require the chat and shout.php database functions to be rewritten as they only querry the phpbb default database. the popout chat window can be done with a little work tho ;)

Jackson
Donor

Post by Jackson »

Yea, the popout part is already done. That was fairly painless. As is the separate database..

The issue now is passing it the variables from phpBB. Getting variables out of phpBB is a simple task using general integration techniques already established in phpBB's knowledge base.

Injecting these variables into Ajax chat is proving to be somewhat of a pain. I do think there is going to be some code hacking required to skip Ajax's logon screen and push those variables directly into the script.
Last edited by Jackson on Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.